We are thrilled to announce a brand-new activity that aims to bring us closer together, foster knowledge sharing, and ignite insightful discussions on topics that matter most to us - the Question of the Month! As advocates of open access, open source, open data, open infrastructure, and everything open, we believe in the power of collaboration and the collective intelligence of our community.
What is the Question of the Month?
Each month, we will present a thought-provoking question related to the realm of openness, inviting all of you, our esteemed community members, to participate actively. The questions will revolve around open access, open source technologies, open data initiatives, open infrastructure solutions, and other fascinating aspects of openness in the modern library world.
Participating in the Question of the Month brings numerous benefits to our community members:
- Knowledge Sharing: Share your thoughts, experiences, and expertise on the topic. This is a fantastic opportunity to learn from one another and expand our collective knowledge base.
- Inspiring Discussions: Engage in meaningful conversations with like-minded individuals who are passionate about openness. Together, we can spark new ideas and uncover unique perspectives.
- Networking and Collaboration: Connect with fellow professionals, researchers, and enthusiasts working in diverse fields and domains. Collaboration often leads to groundbreaking innovations.
- Community Recognition: Your contributions will be appreciated and acknowledged by the community. This is a chance to showcase your insights and be recognized for your valuable input.
- Stay Updated: Stay ahead of the curve by staying informed about the latest trends, advancements, and challenges in the open domain.
How to Participate?
Participating in the Question of the Month is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Look out for the Monthly Announcement: Each month, we will post a new question in the Discussions at the EBSCO Community platform where conversations are held.
- Share Your Thoughts: Reply to the question with your well-thought-out response, sharing your experiences, insights, or even raising more questions. Feel free to cite examples or provide references to back your ideas.
- Engage with Others: Don't forget to read and respond to the comments of your fellow community members. Engaging in discussions and building on each other's ideas enriches the experience for everyone.
The First Question of the Month:
To kickstart this exciting activity, our first question will be:
What role do you believe libraries should play in supporting the creation and dissemination of open research, and how can librarians effectively engage with researchers and scholars to promote open scholarship practices?
We cannot wait to hear your responses and experiences!
Spread the Word:
The success of the Question of the Month relies on community engagement. Encourage your peers, colleagues, and friends with an interest in open access, open source, open data, and open infrastructure to join us! Let's grow our community and make it a thriving hub of knowledge exchange.
We are excited to embark on this journey with all of you. Let's foster an environment of learning, collaboration, and innovation in the realm of openness. Together, we can drive positive change and make a significant impact.
Thank you for being a part of our vibrant community, and we look forward to hearing your insights in the upcoming Question of the Month!
Happy sharing and discussing!
- - -