About the webinar - Watch recording
Many people—from salespeople to CEOs—give speeches and presentations, but few make meaningful points. Why? Because most communicators don’t know their points. They don’t even know what a point is, often confusing it with a topic, theme, or title. Real points are arguments that explicitly propose avenues leading to valuable impact. Not having a real point renders expressions pointless and being pointless is by far the biggest cause of rambling, audience disconnection, and communication epic fail. This interactive webinar provides actionable tips, insight, and exercises that help professionals identify and effectively convey their key points—both in-person and virtually—whether they’re giving a speech to a hundred conference attendees or a weekly report to a handful of colleagues.
You will learn
- How to identify, hone, and effectively “sell” a point
- How to use volume and pauses to enhance points
- How to convey points effectively in emails and PowerPoint presentations
- How to elevate points and presence on Zoom and other virtual meeting platforms
- How to tell stories in a way that helps deliver points, not distract from them
- How to overcome public speaking fear and anxiety
Joel Schwartzberg is the Senior Director of Strategic and Executive Communications for a major nonprofit and teaches communication and presentation skills to clients including American Express, State Farm Insurance, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Comedy Central, and the Brennan Center for Justice. Joel’s books include “The Language of Leadership: How to Engage and Inspire Your Team” and “Get to the Point! Sharpen Your Message and Make Your Words Matter” and his articles appear in Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, CNBC, and Toastmaster Magazine. A frequent conference presenter and workshop leader, Joel is also a former national champion public speaker and collegiate speech coach.